Friends…. The Theme for 2017-108 is "Communicate Collaborate Celebrate"
In the past 4 years, our association has seen explosive growth. Our membership has doubled to 2700 and 211 clubs. This welcome growth poses its own challenges.
How do we improve communication and reach out in a timely and effective manner to such a large number of members ?
How do we hold on to our core values and ethos and convey it to each member ?
How do we enthuse our members to further increase our tribe ?
These are some of the questions we will seek to address in the upcoming year.
For an organization like ours where Friendship is the raison-d’etre and Fellowship is the mantra, it is imperative, to keep the fire of camaraderie and sense of belonging to the movement burning strong. To this end, we need to constantly share information, news, events, celebrations and happy tidings with each other.
In the last 4 years we have taken appreciable strides in improving communication, with the tools of
1. Mass mailing
2. Selfie-the monthly news letter
3. Fellowship Magazine
4. The 41 Club website
5. Facebook Group
We have commenced a closed facebook group for all our members where they can post pictures, write about their club activities and share information about planned events etc.
And our very active facebook page, our associations’ primary connect with the outside world, has developed critical mass and now has had a reach in excess of 11000.
Much has to be done on this front but these are mere beginnings.
Our Council too has put in their stupendous efforts!
Given the growth and ambition of our association the time has come when we can not rely only on a top-down initiative. Bottom-up conversations offer greater value to efficacious communication and that will necessarily have to be the way forward.
Keeping the above and the theme of the year in mind, our national secretary, 41ers Sivaramakrishna Babji is entrusted with the responsibility of disseminating information provided by you to all 41ers across the country.
Please send information, together with pictures, about all significant activities of your clubs, including inter club, inter city, area fellowship events and AGMs. 41er Babji will make sure that these will be passed on to all 41ers. You can send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our facebook page is viewed by 41ers, Tabgents, Tablers and Circlers both within and outside the country. This connect, with the outside world, brings with it awareness about 41ers, 41 Clubs and our activities, especially with Tablers and rerfore aids formation of new 41 Clubs at newer centres as also new memberships in existing clubs. Result – vibrancy, vitality and enthusiasm within our members.
Vice President – Rajiv Mehra has the responsibility of posting your events in pictures and write-ups on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/41ClubsOfIndia/.
Please send pictures of events held by your club to 41ers Rajiv.
A natural and happy fall out of increased and improves communication will lead us to collaborate more constructively with city clubs and Tables.
1. Round Table is the breeding ground for 41 Clubs and it is important for us to work hand in hand with them. The two associations recently signed a historic MOU which will enable both organisations to share resources for mutual benefit. Our representation on the Board of Trustees of RTIF, another forum for collaborating with Round Table will go a long way in achieving this objective.
In furtherance of the MOU your Association handed over a Cheque of Rs 5,00,000 to RTI President, Chris Arvinth at their AGM held on 23d October, 2017 in Coimbatore.
2. We will continue to enhance our collaboration with Tangent India and support them in every possible way, including their bid to go international.
3. FAMIT a family connect program initiated this year is another platform to collaborate with club members and enjoy fellowship. This program shall be continued with gusto.
4. At the international level, India will continue to play a strong role for the benefit of all member countries. We are a strong partner in the YAPs programme and shall continue to collaborate and provide our whole hearted support in future as well.
Finally friends, lets whole heartedly celebrate our friends who are mates for life. Lets celebrate that we are partying till late in the night. Lets celebrate the fact that friends are available on call for any need. Lets celebrate the Gift of Life. Finally guys lets celebrate the gift of friendship that we enjoy because of being tablers and now 41ers.
I look forward to meet you sometime during the course of the year. Till then “Keep Walking”, keep smiling and keep healthy.